A Story About My Uncle is a first-person platforming adventure game developed by Gone North Games and published by Coffee Stain Studios. It was released for Microsoft Windows in May 2014, and for macOS and Linux in 2017.
The game is about a boy named Hector who searches for his lost uncle, who has disappeared while exploring a mysterious world of floating islands. Hector uses his uncle’s inventions, including a grappling hook and a jetpack, to navigate the world and solve puzzles. Along the way, he meets a variety of creatures, both friendly and hostile.
A Story About My Uncle is a non-violent game that focuses on exploration and discovery. The game’s world is beautiful and varied, with lush forests, towering mountains, and dangerous deserts. The puzzles are challenging but fair, and the platforming is fluid and satisfying.
The game has received positive reviews from critics, with praise for its visuals, gameplay, and story. It has been compared to other adventure games such as Portal and Braid.
Here are some of the key features of A Story About My Uncle:
- First-person platforming adventure game
- Beautiful and varied world to explore
- challenging but fair puzzles
- Fluid and satisfying platforming
- Non-violent game with a focus on exploration and discovery
If you’re looking for a fun and challenging adventure game with a great story, then A Story About My Uncle is definitely worth checking out.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game is set in a world of floating islands, which are connected by bridges and platforms.
- Hector can use his uncle’s inventions to move around the world, including a grappling hook, a jetpack, and a hoverboard.
- The game features a variety of puzzles to solve, as well as enemies to defeat.
- The game has a non-linear story, which allows players to explore the world at their own pace.
- The game is rated E for Everyone.