Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is a 2D action-adventure game developed by FreakZone Games and published by Retroware. It was released on September 20, 2013, for Microsoft Windows via Steam. The game is based on the Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) web series created by James Rolfe, and follows the Nerd as he attempts to rescue his friends, all of whom were sucked into the Nerd’s television set.
The game is heavily influenced by retro classics such as Mega Man and Castlevania, and features fast-paced platforming action, multiple playable characters, power-ups, cameos from other AVGN characters, and tons of secrets. It was met with positive reviews from critics, who praised its gameplay, humor, and faithfulness to the AVGN franchise.
Here are some of the game’s features:
- 10 levels of fast-paced platforming action
- Multiple playable characters, including the AVGN, Kyle Justin, and Bootsy Collins
- Power-ups to help you defeat enemies and obstacles
- Cameos from other AVGN characters, such as Mike Matei, Board James, and Inspector Gadget
- Tons of secrets to find
- Faithful recreation of the AVGN’s humor and style
If you’re a fan of the AVGN web series or retro platformers, then you’ll definitely want to check out Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures. It’s a fun, challenging game that will put your skills to the test.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game’s development was funded through a Kickstarter campaign, which raised over $100,000.
- The game’s soundtrack was composed by Tommy Tallarico, who is known for his work on games such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Earthworm Jim.
- The game was originally released for Microsoft Windows, but it has since been ported to other platforms, including the Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and PlayStation 4.
- A remastered version of the game, titled Angry Video Game Nerd I & II Deluxe, was released in 2020. The remaster features new difficulty options, altered story elements, tweaked level designs, various improvements, and an additional story chapter unlocked after completing both games.
The Angry Video Game Nerd is played by James Rolfe, who is also the creator of the web series. Rolfe is a well-known figure in the video game community, and he has been praised for his humor, wit, and passion for video games.
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is a great game for fans of the AVGN web series or retro platformers. It’s a challenging game that will put your skills to the test, but it’s also a lot of fun. If you’re looking for a new game to play, highly recommend checking it out.