August is a busy month in Andorra, with a variety of festivals and celebrations taking place throughout the country. From traditional religious holidays to cultural events and sporting competitions, there is something for everyone to enjoy during this time of year.
Here are some of the most important days of August in Andorra:
- August 1: Festa Major de Canillo – A traditional festival in the town of Canillo, featuring music, dancing, and food.
- August 4: Festa Major de Sant Julià de Lòria – Another traditional festival, this time in the town of Sant Julià de Lòria.
- August 15: Assumption of Mary – A religious holiday celebrated throughout Andorra, with special services and processions held in churches and towns across the country.
- August 17: Festa Major d’Encamp – A traditional festival in the town of Encamp.
- August 20: Festa Major d’Escaldes-Engordany – A traditional festival in the town of Escaldes-Engordany.
- August 27: Festa Major d’Andorra la Vella – The biggest traditional festival in Andorra, held in the capital city of Andorra la Vella.
In addition to these traditional festivals, August also sees a number of other events and celebrations taking place in Andorra, including:
- Andorra Mountain Music – A music festival held in the town of Ordino, featuring a variety of genres, including rock, pop, and classical.
- Andorra Bike Week – A week-long cycling festival held in the town of Soldeu, with a variety of events for all levels of cyclists.
- Andorra Trail Running Weekend – A trail running event held in the town of La Massana, with a variety of distances to choose from.
No matter what your interests are, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Andorra during the month of August. So come and experience all that this beautiful country has to offer!