Here is a Monk build guide for Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Race: Wood Elf or Githyanki. Both races have good stats for Monks, with Wood Elves getting a +2 to Dexterity and a +1 to Wisdom, and Githyanki getting a +2 to Strength and a +1 to Dexterity.
- Background: Any, but Urchin is good since it has DEX-centric skills.
- Abilities: 12 STR; 17 DEX; 14 CON; 8 INT; 14 WIS; 10 CHA. This will give you a good balance of stats, with high Dexterity and Wisdom for your attacks and saves.
- Weapons and armor: Quarterstaves and spears; no shields; no armor/cloth-type gear pieces only. Monks don’t need armor, so you can focus on using light weapons and unarmed strikes.
- Feats: Ability Improvement, Mobile, Stunning Strike. Ability Improvement will give you a +2 to Dexterity, making your attacks even more powerful. Mobile will give you increased movement speed and the ability to avoid opportunity attacks. Stunning Strike will allow you to stun enemies with your unarmed strikes, giving you a great advantage in combat.
- Subclass: Way of the Open Hand. This subclass is a great choice for Monks in Baldur’s Gate 3, as it gives you a variety of abilities that can be used in and out of combat.
With this build, you’ll be a powerful and versatile Monk who can deal a lot of damage, control the battlefield, and even heal your allies.
Here are some additional tips for playing a Monk in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Use your mobility to your advantage. Monks are very fast, so use that to your advantage by flanking enemies and getting behind them for sneak attacks.
- Use your stunning strike to control the battlefield. Stunning strike is a great way to disable enemies and turn the tide of battle in your favor.
- Use your ki points wisely. Ki points are your most valuable resource, so use them wisely. Save them for important abilities like stunning strike and patient defense.
- Don’t be afraid to use your unarmed strikes. Unarmed strikes are just as powerful as weapons, and they can be used to deal sneak attacks.
- Have fun! Monks are a great class to play, so enjoy yourself and experiment with different abilities.