Basketball, also known as Baird’s Basketball, is a basic electronic basketball simulation game created by John Logie Baird in 1927. It is considered to be one of the first video games ever created.
The game is played on a small, black-and-white screen. The player controls a cursor that can be moved around the screen. The cursor can be used to shoot the ball at the opposing team’s basket. The player scores points by making a basket. The first player to reach a certain number of points wins the game.
Basketball was a very simple game, but it was groundbreaking for its time. It was the first game to use electronic technology to simulate a real-world sport. Basketball helped to pave the way for the development of more complex and sophisticated video games in the years to come.
Here are some additional details about Basketball:
- The game was played on a 5 x 5 inch screen.
- The player controlled the cursor using a joystick.
- There were two teams of three players each.
- The goal was to score more points than the opposing team by shooting the ball into their basket.
- The game was played in real time.
- There were no sound effects or music.
- The game was very simple, but it was a lot of fun to play.
Basketball was a popular game in its day. It was played by people of all ages, and it was even featured in some arcades. However, the game eventually fell out of favor as more complex and sophisticated video games were developed.
Today, Basketball is considered to be a historical artifact. It is a reminder of the early days of video games, and it is a testament to the ingenuity of John Logie Baird.