Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition is a 2014 action-adventure game developed by Armature Studio and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. It is a companion game and sequel to Batman: Arkham Origins, and part of the Batman: Arkham series. Set three months after Arkham Origins, the game follows Batman as he attempts to stop a prison riot at the Blackgate Penitentiary, which has been taken over by three of Gotham City’s most notorious crime bosses: the Joker, the Penguin, and Black Mask.
The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following content:
- New maps: The Deluxe Edition includes two new maps: the Botanical Gardens and the Industrial Quarter.
- New enemy encounters: The Deluxe Edition includes new enemy encounters, including the Electrocutioner and the Mad Hatter.
- New difficulty levels: The Deluxe Edition includes three new difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, and Hard.
- New batsuits: The Deluxe Edition includes two new batsuits: the Zero Year Batsuit and the Earth 2 Batsuit.
- Enhanced visuals: The Deluxe Edition features enhanced visuals, including improved textures and lighting.
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition was met with mixed reviews from critics. Some praised the game for its visuals, gameplay, and story, while others criticized its repetitiveness, difficulty, and lack of innovation. The game was a commercial success, selling over 1 million copies worldwide.
Overall, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition is a solid game that is worth playing for fans of the Batman: Arkham series. However, it is not without its flaws, so it is important to go into it with realistic expectations.
Here are some additional thoughts on the game:
- The game’s visuals are impressive, especially for a handheld game. The environments are detailed and the character models are well-animated.
- The gameplay is similar to the other Batman: Arkham games, but it has been adapted to the side-scrolling format well. The combat is still fluid and satisfying, and the stealth mechanics are also fun to use.
- The story is decent, but it is not as strong as the stories in the other Arkham games. The game is also quite short, clocking in at around 6-8 hours to complete.
- Overall, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition is a good game, but it is not a must-play for fans of the Arkham series. It is a solid side-scrolling action game with some cool Batman elements, but it does not quite reach the heights of the other Arkham games.