Constant C is a 2D puzzle platformer developed by International Games System and published by Mages. It was released for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and Android in 2013. The game is set in a futuristic space station where time has stopped. The player controls a robot who must use their time powers to solve puzzles and progress through the levels.
The core gameplay mechanics of Constant C are gravity shifting and the time field. Gravity shifting allows the player to change the direction of gravity, which can be used to solve puzzles and move around the environment. The time field allows the player to slow down or speed up time, which can also be used to solve puzzles and reach new areas.
The game features over 50 levels, each with its own unique puzzles and challenges. The levels are designed to be challenging but fair, and there are a variety of power-ups and upgrades that can help the player progress. The game also features a story mode that follows the robot’s journey to uncover the truth behind the time distortion.
Constant C received positive reviews from critics, with praise for its unique gameplay, challenging puzzles, and atmospheric visuals. The game was also a commercial success, selling over 100,000 copies.
Here are some of the key features of Constant C:
- Unique gameplay mechanics: Gravity shifting and the time field allow for a variety of creative solutions to puzzles.
- Over 50 levels: Each level is unique and challenging, with a variety of obstacles and enemies to overcome.
- Story mode: Follow the robot’s journey to uncover the truth behind the time distortion.
- Atmospheric visuals: The game is beautifully drawn, with a dark and mysterious atmosphere.
- Challenging but fair: The puzzles are challenging but not impossible, and there are a variety of power-ups and upgrades to help the player progress.
If you’re looking for a challenging and unique puzzle platformer, Constant C is definitely worth checking out.