The official launch trailer for Crusader Kings 3: Wards & Wardens was released on August 22, 2023.
The trailer shows off some of the new features that will be coming to Crusader Kings 3 with the Wards & Wardens expansion, including:
- The ability to take wards, or young nobles, into your care and educate them to become loyal vassals or even future heirs.
- The ability to build and manage wardens, which are special buildings that can be used to improve the development of your realm and protect it from threats.
- A new casus belli, or justification for war, that allows you to claim the ward of another ruler.
- A new game mode, the Warden Challenge, which tasks players with building a powerful warden dynasty.
The Wards & Wardens expansion is available now for Crusader Kings 3 for PC.
Here are some of the key features of the expansion:
- Wards: Players can now take wards, or young nobles, into their care and educate them to become loyal vassals or even future heirs. Wards can be assigned to tutors, who will teach them skills and traits. They can also be given tasks, such as leading armies or marrying into other families.
- Wardens: Players can now build and manage wardens, which are special buildings that can be used to improve the development of their realm and protect it from threats. Wardens can be upgraded to provide even more benefits.
- New casus belli: Players can now claim the ward of another ruler as a casus belli for war. This can be a useful way to gain control of a powerful heir or to weaken a rival.
- Warden Challenge: A new game mode, the Warden Challenge, tasks players with building a powerful warden dynasty. Players must manage their wards carefully and build up their realm in order to succeed.
Overall, the Wards & Wardens expansion looks like a promising addition to Crusader Kings 3. The new features look like they will add a lot of depth and strategic depth to the game, and they are sure to please fans of the series.