Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is the second major expansion for the 2020 action role-playing video game Cyberpunk 2077. It is scheduled to be released on September 26, 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows.
The expansion will take players to the new district of Dogtown, a lawless area ruled by a trigger-happy militia. Players will assume the role of V, a cyber-enhanced mercenary, who must infiltrate the district to investigate a kidnapping. Along the way, they will uncover a web of corruption and conspiracy that threatens the stability of Night City.
Phantom Liberty will introduce a number of new features to Cyberpunk 2077, including:
- A new story campaign with over 30 hours of gameplay.
- A new district to explore, Dogtown.
- New weapons and cyberware.
- New enemies and challenges.
- Revamped AI for enemies and vehicles.
- New skill trees and perks.
- New quests and activities.
The expansion will also introduce a number of quality-of-life improvements to the base game, such as:
- A new save system that allows players to save anywhere.
- A new fast travel system that allows players to travel between major locations instantly.
- A new inventory system that makes it easier to manage items.
- A new UI that makes it easier to navigate the game.
Phantom Liberty is shaping up to be a major expansion for Cyberpunk 2077, and it is sure to please fans of the game. It is scheduled to be released on September 26, 2023, and is available for pre-order now.