There are a few ways to get Insight for Opaque Cards in Destiny 2.
- Complete Seasonal Challenges. This is the most reliable way to get Insight. Each Seasonal Challenge rewards 50 Insight, and there are usually 10 challenges per season, so you can earn 500 Insight per season just by completing the challenges.
- Complete Override Activities. Override Activities are a new type of activity that was introduced in Season of the Haunted. They reward 10 Insight per completion.
- Complete Nightmare Containment Events. Nightmare Containment Events are also a new type of activity that was introduced in Season of the Haunted. They reward 10 Insight per completion.
- Open Umbral Engrams. Umbral Engrams can be decoded at the HELM. When you decode an Umbral Engram, you have a chance to get a consumable called an “Encrypted Data Fragment.” These fragments can be turned in to the Wayfinder’s Compass for 10 Insight each.
- Purchase Insight from the Wayfinder’s Compass. The Wayfinder’s Compass is a new item that was introduced in Season of the Haunted. It can be purchased from the HELM for 5000 Glimmer. The Wayfinder’s Compass allows you to purchase Insight for 100 Glimmer each.
Once you have enough Insight, you can use it to purchase Opaque Cards from the Wayfinder’s Compass. Opaque Cards are a new type of consumable that grants you a random buff for a short period of time. The buffs can be anything from increased damage to increased resistance.
Here are some tips for getting Insight:
- Focus on completing Seasonal Challenges. This is the fastest way to get Insight.
- Don’t forget about Override Activities and Nightmare Containment Events. These activities also reward Insight, so they’re worth doing if you’re looking to get more.
- Open Umbral Engrams. You might get lucky and get an Encrypted Data Fragment.
- Purchase Insight from the Wayfinder’s Compass if you’re in a hurry.