The Disney Dreamlight Valley: Cozy Edition for the Switch comes with a catch. The game is currently in early access and will be free-to-play when it fully releases. However, the Cozy Edition costs $50 and includes a physical copy of the game, an exclusive sticker sheet, a double-sided poster, and the following in-game goodies:
- 14,500 Moonstones (the in-game currency)
- Cottage House Style
- Exclusive Cheshire Cat Sweater
- Exclusive Racoon Companion Skins
The catch is that the in-game goodies included in the Cozy Edition will only be available to players who purchase the Cozy Edition. Once the game fully releases and goes free-to-play, these in-game goodies will no longer be available.
This has led to some criticism from fans, who feel that the Cozy Edition is essentially a pay-to-win option. However, Disney has defended the Cozy Edition, saying that it is simply a way for fans to get a physical copy of the game and some exclusive in-game content.
Ultimately, it is up to each individual player to decide whether or not the Cozy Edition is worth the price. If you are a fan of Disney and are looking to get a physical copy of the game, then the Cozy Edition may be a good option for you. However, if you are not interested in the physical goodies or are willing to wait until the game goes free-to-play, then you can save your money.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the Disney Dreamlight Valley: Cozy Edition:
- The physical copy of the game will only be available for the Nintendo Switch.
- The in-game goodies included in the Cozy Edition will not be available for purchase separately.
- The game is currently in early access and is not yet complete. There may be bugs or other issues that are not present in the final version of the game.