Excitebike is a motocross racing video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) in 1984. It is one of the first games to feature 3D polygon graphics on the NES. Players control a motocross rider and must race against other riders on a variety of courses.
The game is played from a side-scrolling perspective, and players can control their rider by moving the joystick left and right, jumping, and using a turbo boost. Players must avoid obstacles on the course, such as rocks, trees, and other riders. Players can also collect power-ups that will help them to race faster or jump higher.
The game is divided into three modes: time trial, single race, and championship. In time trial mode, players race against the clock to set the fastest time on a course. In single race mode, players race against three other riders to be the first to finish the course. In championship mode, players race against 15 other riders to win the championship.
Excitebike was a critical and commercial success, and it is considered to be one of the most influential racing games of all time. The game’s simple yet addictive gameplay and its use of 3D polygon graphics made it a hit with players of all ages. Excitebike is still considered to be a classic game, and it has been ported to many platforms, including home computers, consoles, and mobile devices.
Here are some of the key features of Excitebike:
- Simple yet addictive gameplay: Excitebike is a simple game to learn but difficult to master. Players must carefully plan their moves in order to race fast and avoid obstacles.
- Use of 3D polygon graphics: Excitebike was one of the first games to feature 3D polygon graphics on the NES. This gave the game a unique look and feel, and it helped to make the game more visually appealing.
- Variety of courses: Excitebike features a variety of courses, each with its own unique challenges. This keeps the game fresh and allows players to test their skills.
- Power-ups: Excitebike features power-ups that can help players to race faster or jump higher. These power-ups add an extra layer of strategy to the game.
- Endless mode: Excitebike features an endless mode that allows players to continue racing until they are defeated. This mode is a great way to test players’ skills and see how far they can get.
If you’re a fan of racing games or classic games, then you should definitely check out Excitebike. It’s a challenging and rewarding game that is still enjoyable today.