Ghostbusters is a 1984 action-adventure game developed and published by Activision for the Commodore 64, Apple II, Atari 8-bit family, and ZX Spectrum. It is based on the 1984 film of the same name.
In Ghostbusters, the player controls one of the four Ghostbusters: Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, or Winston Zeddemore. Players must use their proton packs and ghost traps to capture ghosts in a variety of locations, such as the Sedgewick Hotel and the New York Public Library.
The game is played from a top-down perspective, and players can move their Ghostbuster left and right, up and down, and fire their proton packs. Players can also collect power-ups, such as health packs and proton pack upgrades.
The game is divided into eight levels, each of which is set in a different location. Players must complete each level in order to progress to the next level. The game is played against the clock, and players must capture all of the ghosts before the time runs out.
Ghostbusters was a critical and commercial success, and it is considered to be one of the most influential video games of all time. The game’s unique gameplay and its use of the Ghostbusters license made it a hit with players of all ages. Ghostbusters is still considered to be a classic game, and it has been ported to many platforms, including home computers, consoles, and mobile devices.
Here are some of the key features of Ghostbusters:
- Unique gameplay: Ghostbusters is a unique action-adventure game that features a variety of gameplay elements, such as ghosts, proton packs, and ghost traps. This keeps the game fresh and challenging.
- Licensed property: Ghostbusters is based on the popular 1984 film of the same name. This gave the game a built-in audience and helped to make it a commercial success.
- Challenging gameplay: Ghostbusters is a challenging game that requires players to have good reflexes and timing. The game’s many ghosts and traps keep players on their toes.
- Variety of levels: Ghostbusters features a variety of levels, each of which is set in a different location. This keeps the game fresh and allows players to test their skills.
- Multiplayer: Ghostbusters supports cooperative multiplayer for up to four players. This allows players to team up and capture ghosts together.