To go live on Facebook from your desktop, you will need to:
- Make sure you have a webcam and microphone connected to your computer.
- Go to Facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Click the What’s on your mind? box and select Live Video.
- You will be taken to Live Producer, where you can set up your live stream.
- At the top of the page, select the audience for your live video. You can choose to go live to your friends, the public, or a custom audience.
- From the Stream setup tab, select Webcam as your video source and choose the camera and microphone that you want to use.
- Add a title and description for your live video.
- When you’re ready, click Go live.
Once you’re live, you can see what your viewers are seeing in the preview window on the right side of the page. You can also see how many people are watching your live video and read their comments.
To end your live video, click End Live Video. You will be asked to confirm that you want to end your video.
Here are some additional tips for going live on Facebook from your desktop:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. A slow internet connection can cause your live stream to lag or buffer.
- Choose a well-lit location. This will help your viewers see you clearly.
- Use a headset or microphone to improve your audio quality.
- Test your camera and microphone before you go live to make sure they are working properly.
- Have a plan for your live video. What do you want to talk about? What do you want to show your viewers?
- Be yourself and have fun!