Heal: Console Edition is an experimental adventure game developed by Jesse Makkonen and published by Ratalaika Games. It was released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in April 2021. The game explores themes of aging and dementia, and is set in a world that is both abstract and ominous. The player controls an old man who must solve puzzles to progress through the game, while also uncovering the secrets of his past.
Heal: Console Edition has received positive reviews from critics, with praise for its atmosphere, visuals, and puzzles. However, some critics have criticized the game’s short length and lack of direction.
Here are some of the things you can expect from Heal: Console Edition on PlayStation 5:
- Beautiful hand-crafted graphics in a unique 2D art style
- Atmospheric sound design that helps to create a sense of unease
- Clever puzzles that will challenge your mind
- A thought-provoking story that explores themes of aging and dementia
- A short but memorable experience
If you are looking for a challenging and thought-provoking adventure game with a unique atmosphere, then Heal: Console Edition is definitely worth checking out.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game is played from a side-scrolling perspective.
- The player controls the old man by moving him left and right, jumping, and interacting with objects.
- The puzzles in the game are mostly environmental, and require the player to use their surroundings to solve them.
- The game has a strong emphasis on atmosphere, and the visuals and sound design are used to create a sense of unease and mystery.
- The story in the game is told through a series of flashbacks, and explores themes of aging, dementia, and loss.
- The game is relatively short, taking around 3-4 hours to complete.
Overall, Heal: Console Edition is a unique and challenging adventure game with a strong atmosphere. It is a must-play for fans of experimental games and those who are interested in exploring themes of aging and dementia.