Heavy Bullets is a roguelike first-person shooter video game developed by Brazil-based indie developer Terri Vellmann and published by Devolver Digital. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux on 18 September 2014.
In Heavy Bullets, the player character is armed with a revolver and a low amount of ammunition which can be retrieved upon firing. The player’s objective is to battle through 8 levels and reset a security mainframe. Levels are procedurally generated. Killing enemies rewards the player with money which can be used to purchase usable and passive items. Upon death the player will not respawn, a new play-through must be started. Money can be deposited in a bank and will carry over to the next play-through, the player can also purchase insurance to save money and items if they die.
Heavy Bullets is a challenging game that rewards careful planning and execution. The player must make good use of their limited resources to survive the ever-changing levels. The game is also highly replayable, with each playthrough offering a new challenge.
Here are some of the features of Heavy Bullets:
- Procedurally generated levels: Each playthrough of Heavy Bullets is unique, with different enemies, items, and challenges.
- Limited ammunition: The player must make every shot count, as they only have a limited number of bullets to start with.
- Permadeath: If the player dies, they will have to start a new playthrough.
- Bank and insurance: Players can deposit money in the bank to save it for future playthroughs. They can also purchase insurance to protect their money and items if they die.
- Wide variety of items: There are a variety of items that players can find in Heavy Bullets, each with its own unique effect.
- challenging difficulty: Heavy Bullets is a challenging game that will test the player’s skills.
If you are looking for a challenging and replayable roguelike first-person shooter, then Heavy Bullets is definitely worth checking out.