In Rays of the Light is a first-person meditative quest game developed by Sometimes You and published by Red Art Games. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch on June 4, 2020, and for PlayStation 5 on March 10, 2023.
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world where you play as a lone survivor. You must explore a mysterious territory filled with a variety of details that reveal the story. Solve logic puzzles and study text messages along the way.
The game has been praised for its atmospheric visuals, melodic soundtrack, and thought-provoking story. It has a Metacritic score of 80, based on 20 reviews.
Here are some of the features of In Rays of the Light:
- First-person meditative quest
- A metaphorical philosophical story revealed in the study of details and surroundings
- Beautiful visuals and melodic soundtrack (composed by Dmitry Nikolaev)
- Two endings
- Remake of “The Light” (2012) game
If you are looking for a beautiful, atmospheric, and thought-provoking game, then In Rays of the Light is a great choice. It is available for purchase on the PlayStation Store.
The PS5 version of the game includes a few additional features, such as:
- Enhanced visuals and performance
- DualSense controller support
- A physical edition with a limited run of 999 copies
The PS5 version of In Rays of the Light is a great way to experience this game. It looks and plays better than ever, and the physical edition is a must-have for collectors.
Here are some tips for playing In Rays of the Light:
- Take your time and explore the environment. There are many details to discover that will help you understand the story.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. There are often multiple ways to solve a puzzle.
- Pay attention to the text messages. They provide clues to the story and the puzzles.
- Don’t rush to the end. The game is meant to be savored.