The anime adaptation of Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen manga has revealed a new trailer and key visual for its upcoming second season, which will adapt the Shibuya Incident arc. The trailer and visual were released on Wednesday, March 15, 2023, to commemorate the anime’s first anniversary.
The trailer gives us a glimpse of the upcoming arc, which is considered to be one of the most pivotal arcs in the manga. It features some of the most intense fights in the series, as well as the introduction of some new characters. The key visual features Yuji Itadori, Megumi Fushiguro, Nobara Kugisaki, and Satoru Gojo standing in front of a burning city.
The second season of Jujutsu Kaisen is scheduled to premiere in October 2023. It will be animated by MAPPA, the same studio that animated the first season. The staff for the second season includes:
- Director: Sunghoo Park
- Series Composition: Gege Akutami, Hiroshi Seko
- Character Design: Tadahiro Miura
- Music: Yuki Hayashi
The cast for the second season includes:
- Yuichi Nakamura as Yuji Itadori
- Megumi Ogata as Megumi Fushiguro
- Kana Hanazawa as Nobara Kugisaki
- Yuichi Suwabe as Satoru Gojo
- Takahiro Sakurai as Suguru Geto
- Junichi Suwabe as Mahito
- Mikako Komatsu as Maki Zenin
- Tomokazu Seki as Toji Fushiguro
- Ayumu Murase as Kento Nanami
The Shibuya Incident arc is a major turning point in the Jujutsu Kaisen story. It is the arc where the main characters face their greatest challenge yet, and it will be exciting to see how the anime adaptation will handle it.