King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne is a 1985 graphic adventure game developed and published by Sierra On-Line. It is the second game in the King’s Quest series and was released for the Apple II, Commodore 64, and MS-DOS.
In King’s Quest II, players control the young prince Alexander who must travel to the kingdom of Kolyma to rescue his kidnapped father, King Graham. The game is notable for its use of a parser to interact with the game world, as well as its innovative puzzles and gameplay.
King’s Quest II was a critical and commercial success, and it is considered to be one of the greatest adventure games of all time. It was praised for its innovative gameplay, challenging puzzles, and memorable characters. The game’s influence can be seen in many modern adventure games, such as The Secret of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.
Here are some of the features of King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne:
- Parser: Players interact with the game world by typing commands into a parser.
- Puzzles: The game features a variety of challenging puzzles that require players to use their wits and creativity to solve.
- Characters: The game features a cast of memorable characters, including the prince Alexander, the king Graham, and the sorceress Valanice.
- Story: The game tells a compelling story that is sure to keep players engaged.
- Graphics: The game’s graphics were groundbreaking for its time and helped to set the standard for adventure games.
King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne is a classic adventure game that is still enjoyable to play today. It is a challenging game that is sure to test the skills of even the most experienced players. The game’s innovative gameplay, challenging puzzles, and memorable characters make it a must-play for fans of the genre.