Long Live the Queen is a simulation role-playing video game developed by Hanako Games and Spiky Caterpillar, published by Hanako Games. The game was released on June 2, 2012 for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. In July 2022, it was also released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Nintendo Switch by Ratalaika Games. It was translated into French, Spanish, German, and Japanese.
The game is set in a fantasy world where the player controls a young princess who is training to become queen after the death of her mother. The objective of the game is to keep the princess alive for 40 weeks until she turns 15 and is crowned. The player makes choices that affect the princess’s stats, such as her intelligence, grace, and health. These stats determine how well the princess performs in different tasks, such as studying, socializing, and fighting.
The game has a variety of endings, depending on the choices the player makes. There are four main endings:
- Good ending: The princess survives the 40 weeks and is crowned queen. She rules wisely and justly, and her kingdom prospers.
- Bad ending: The princess dies before she can be crowned queen. Her death leads to a civil war, and the kingdom is destroyed.
- Neutral ending: The princess survives the 40 weeks, but she is not a good queen. She is selfish and cruel, and her kingdom suffers.
- Secret ending: The princess discovers a hidden magical power and uses it to save her kingdom. She becomes a legendary queen, and her story is told for generations to come.
Long Live the Queen is a challenging game that requires the player to make careful choices. It is a game of strategy and survival, and it is a great way to test your skills as a ruler.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game is played in a top-down perspective.
- The player controls the princess by clicking on the screen to move her around and interact with objects.
- The game has a day/night cycle.
- The princess can attend lessons, socialize with her subjects, and fight enemies.
- The player’s choices affect the princess’s stats and the story.
- There are a variety of endings to the game, depending on the player’s choices.
Long Live the Queen is a well-made game with a lot of replay value. It is a great game for people who enjoy strategy games, role-playing games, and visual novels.