Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Konami. It was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in February 2013, Windows and OS X in January and September 2014, and Nvidia Shield TV in January 2016. It is a spin-off in the Metal Gear series, set four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. In the game, the player controls returning Metal Gear character Raiden as he confronts a private military company that wants to destabilize peaceful nations for profit.
The gameplay focuses on fighting enemies using a sword and other weapons to perform combos and counterattacks. Through the use of Blade Mode, Raiden can cut cyborgs in slow motion and steal parts stored in their bodies. The series’ usual stealth elements are also optional to reduce combat.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a critical and commercial success, with critics praising its gameplay, graphics, and soundtrack. It was also a commercial success, selling over 2 million copies worldwide. The game was followed by a comic book series and a novelization.
Here are some of the features of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance:
- Fast-paced action combat: The game focuses on fast-paced, over-the-top action combat. Players can use a variety of weapons and abilities to take down their enemies, including Raiden’s signature sword, the High Frequency Blade.
- Blade Mode: Blade Mode is a slow-motion mechanic that allows players to cut through enemies and objects with ease. It can be used to take down enemies quickly, or to steal parts from them to upgrade Raiden’s weapons and abilities.
- Stealth: While the game focuses on action, players can also choose to use stealth to take down enemies. This can be useful for avoiding combat or for taking down enemies from behind.
- Story: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has a complex and engaging story that follows Raiden as he seeks revenge on the private military company that destroyed his life. The story is told through cutscenes and in-game dialogue.
- Graphics: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance features stunning graphics that bring the world of Metal Gear to life. The characters and environments are detailed and realistic, and the action sequences are fluid and exciting.
- Soundtrack: The soundtrack for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is composed by Jamie Christopherson and features a mix of electronic and orchestral music. The soundtrack is intense and atmospheric, and it perfectly complements the action on-screen.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, action-packed game with a great story, then Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is definitely worth checking out. It’s a great game for fans of the Metal Gear series, as well as for anyone who enjoys over-the-top action games.
You can play Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the following platforms:
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox 360
- OS X
- Nvidia Shield TV
The game is currently available on Steam for $19.99. It is also available on the PlayStation Store and the Xbox Marketplace for $19.99.