The Caves & Cliffs update was released in two parts. Part I was released on June 8, 2021, and focused on blocks and mobs. Part II was released on November 30, 2021, and brought revamped overworld generation, including new caves and mountains.
Here are some of the new features added in the Caves & Cliffs update:
- New cave biomes: Lush Caves, Dripstone Caves, and Deep Dark.
- New blocks: Amethyst geodes, copper ore, deepslate, and glow berries.
- New mobs: Axolotls, goats, glow squids, and wardens.
- Increased world height: The world height was increased from 256 to 320 blocks.
- Updated terrain generation: The terrain generation was updated to create more varied and interesting caves and mountains.
The Caves & Cliffs update was a major overhaul of the Minecraft overworld, and it has been well-received by fans. It is one of the most significant updates to the game in years.
There is also a new update coming soon called The Wild Update. This update will add new biomes, blocks, and mobs to the game, including the Allay, a friendly mob that can be used to collect items. The Wild Update is scheduled to be released in 2023.