The official gameplay trailer for Minicology gives us a glimpse of the game’s core features, such as:
- A procedurally generated universe of tiny planets, each with its own unique ecosystem.
- The ability to build bases, defend against invasions, and terraform worlds.
- A variety of creatures to interact with, from friendly insects to dangerous predators.
- A focus on exploration and discovery, as players learn about the secrets of these miniature worlds.
The trailer also shows off the game’s beautiful art style, which is inspired by nature and science fiction. Minicology is set to be released for PC in 2024, and a demo will be available on Steam from August 23 to August 27, 2023.
Here are some additional details about the game’s features:
- Base building: Players can build bases to protect themselves from the elements and from hostile creatures. Bases can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, and metal.
- Defending against invasions: Players will need to defend their bases from invasions by hostile creatures. These creatures can be small or large, and they can attack from land, air, or sea.
- Terraforming: Players can terraform worlds to make them more habitable. This can involve changing the climate, the terrain, or the water levels.
- Creature interaction: Players can interact with a variety of creatures in Minicology. Some creatures can be friendly and helpful, while others can be dangerous.
- Exploration and discovery: Players are encouraged to explore the miniature worlds of Minicology and to learn about their secrets. This can involve finding new creatures, plants, and resources.
Minicology is a promising new game that looks to combine the best of survival games, base building games, and creature-collecting games. The game’s beautiful art style and its focus on exploration and discovery make it a game to watch out for.