MLB 14: The Show is a baseball video game developed by San Diego Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, based on Major League Baseball (MLB). It is the ninth entry of the MLB: The Show franchise. Announced on November 4, 2013, the game was released on April 1, 2014 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. The PlayStation 4 version was released on May 6, 2014. Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera is the featured athlete on the cover. As with the previous two entries, Canada has a unique cover, with Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Brett Lawrie on the cover.
MLB 14: The Show features a number of new gameplay enhancements, including:
- A new pitching system that allows for more precise control over pitch location and movement.
- A new hitting system that makes it easier to make contact with pitches and hit for power.
- A new fielding system that makes it more challenging to make plays and allows for more spectacular defensive plays.
- A new Road to the Show mode that allows players to create their own baseball player and take them from the minor leagues to the major leagues.
- A new Diamond Dynasty mode that allows players to collect and build a team of baseball legends.
MLB 14: The Show received generally positive reviews from critics, with many praising the game’s improved gameplay and new features. The game was also a commercial success, selling over 2 million copies worldwide.
If you are a fan of baseball, then MLB 14: The Show is a great game to pick up. It offers a realistic and immersive baseball experience with a number of new gameplay features to keep you entertained.
Here are some of the pros and cons of MLB 14: The Show:
- Improved gameplay
- New features
- Deep and challenging modes
- Authentic presentation
- Great graphics
- Can be difficult to learn
- Online multiplayer can be laggy
- Some minor bugs
Overall, MLB 14: The Show is a great baseball game that offers a realistic and immersive experience. It is a must-have for fans of the sport.