Persona 3 Reload will be adding two mechanics from Persona 5:
- Expanded light and darkness skills: In Persona 3, light and darkness skills were only available to a few specific Personas. In Persona 3 Reload, these skills will be expanded to be available to a wider range of Personas, making them more viable in battle.
- A similar feature to the Baton Pass: The Baton Pass is a mechanic in Persona 5 that allows players to pass the baton to another party member after hitting an enemy’s weakness. In Persona 3 Reload, there will be a similar mechanic that will allow players to chain together attacks for more damage.
These are just two of the new mechanics that will be added to Persona 3 Reload. Atlus has not yet revealed all of the changes that will be made to the game, but it is clear that they are taking a lot of inspiration from Persona 5. This is a good sign for fans of the series, as Persona 5 is widely considered to be one of the best JRPGs ever made.
Here are some other changes that have been confirmed for Persona 3 Reload:
- The game will be fully 3D, with updated graphics and character models.
- The UI will be redesigned to be more user-friendly.
- The combat system will be rebalanced to make it more challenging and rewarding.
- New content will be added, including new Personas, story events, and side quests.
Persona 3 Reload is scheduled to be released in February 2024 for PlayStation 5 and PC.