Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is a puzzle adventure game developed by Level-5 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is the sixth entry in the Professor Layton series, making up the third and final part of the prequel trilogy of games. The game was released in Japan on November 20, 2013, and in North America and Europe on March 25, 2014.
In Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Professor Layton and his friends Luke Triton, Emmy Altava, and Inspector Inspector Chaka must travel the globe in search of the Azran civilization, a lost people who were said to have mastered the art of time travel. Along the way, they must solve a series of puzzles that will test their wits and ingenuity.
The game received positive reviews from critics, with praise for its puzzles, story, and visuals. It was also a commercial success, selling over 2 million copies worldwide.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy:
- Excellent puzzles: The puzzles in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy are some of the best in the series. They are challenging but fair, and they will keep you engaged for hours on end.
- Compelling story: The story in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is engaging and mysterious. It will keep you hooked from beginning to end.
- Beautiful visuals: The visuals in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy are stunning. The game features cel-shaded graphics that are both colorful and detailed.
- Some puzzles can be too difficult: Some of the puzzles in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy can be quite difficult. If you are not a fan of challenging puzzles, you may find some of them frustrating.
- The game can be slow-paced: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is a slow-paced game. If you are looking for a game with a lot of action, you may find this game to be a bit boring.
Overall, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is a great game for fans of the series. It has excellent puzzles, a compelling story, and beautiful visuals. However, some of the puzzles can be too difficult for some players, and the game can be slow-paced.
If you are a fan of puzzle games or the Professor Layton series, I would definitely recommend Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. It is a great game that will provide you with hours of entertainment.
As for whether or not we will ever get a new Professor Layton game, the answer is yes! A new game in the series, Professor Layton and the New World of Steam, was announced in 2023. It is scheduled to be released for the Nintendo Switch in 2024.