Rogue Legacy is a 2013 platform game with roguelike elements developed and published by Cellar Door Games. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and iOS. A sequel, Rogue Legacy 2, was released on April 28, 2022 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.
In Rogue Legacy, players control a knight who must explore a randomly generated dungeon to defeat the final boss. Each time the player dies, they will be reborn as their child, who will have a random set of traits, both positive and negative. Players can use the gold they collect to upgrade their manor, which will give their future children advantages in the dungeon.
Rogue Legacy is known for its unique combination of roguelike and platforming elements. The randomly generated dungeons provide a fresh challenge each time, while the permadeath mechanic adds a sense of urgency and tension. The game’s humor and charm also help to make it a fun and addictive experience.
Here are some of the features of Rogue Legacy:
- Randomly generated dungeons: Each time you play, the dungeon will be different, with new enemies, traps, and treasures to discover.
- Permadeath: When you die, you will be reborn as your child, who will have a random set of traits, both positive and negative.
- Upgradeable manor: You can use the gold you collect to upgrade your manor, which will give your future children advantages in the dungeon.
- Unique traits: Each child will have a unique set of traits, both positive and negative. These traits can affect your character’s abilities, appearance, and even personality.
- Humorous and charming art style: Rogue Legacy is full of humor and charm, from the characters to the environments.
Rogue Legacy is a challenging but rewarding game that is sure to appeal to fans of roguelikes and platformers alike. If you’re looking for a game with a unique blend of genres and a lot of personality, then Rogue Legacy is definitely worth checking out.