To RSVP to an event on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Go to Facebook and log in to your account.
- Click the Events tab in the left sidebar.
- Find the event you want to RSVP to and click on it.
- Under the event name, you will see a drop-down menu with the following options:
- Interested: This means you are interested in attending the event, but you are not sure if you will be able to make it.
- Going: This means you will definitely be attending the event.
- Maybe: This means you are not sure if you will be able to attend the event.
- Can’t go: This means you will not be able to attend the event.
- Click the option that best describes your availability.
- You can also leave a comment for the event host, such as if you are bringing a guest or have any special requests.
- Once you are finished, click the Save button.
You can also RSVP to a Facebook event from an email or text message invitation. To do this, simply click on the link in the invitation and follow the steps above.
If you need to change your RSVP, go back to the event page and click the Edit Response button. You can then change your response to any of the options listed above.
Tips for RSVPing to Facebook events:
- RSVP as soon as you know if you will be able to attend the event. This will help the event host get a headcount and make plans accordingly.
- If you are unsure if you will be able to attend the event, RSVP as Maybe. This will let the event host know that you are interested, but that they should not count on you being there.
- If you RSVP as Going and then realize you will not be able to attend, be sure to change your RSVP as soon as possible. This will give the event host time to adjust their plans accordingly.
- If you have any special requests or needs for the event, be sure to leave a comment for the event host. This will help them ensure that you have a great time at the event.