The recent Nintendo Direct revealed 6 new enemy types for Super Mario Bros. Wonder:
- Hoppycats: These cat-like enemies jump in sync with Mario, making them difficult to avoid.
- Condarts: These flying enemies soar towards Mario and embed themselves in the stage, making them difficult to dislodge.
- Melon Piranha Plants: These Piranha Plants spit seeds that can damage Mario.
- Konks: These enemies mimic Thwomps, allowing them to crash through in-game goo.
- Mumsies: These mummy-like enemies have loose wrappings on their backsides that can be pulled to defeat them.
- Maw-Maws: These enemies will devour any unfortunate soul who ventures too close.
In addition to these new enemies, the trailer also showed off several returning enemies, such as Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Boos, and Lakitus.
It will be interesting to see how these new enemies challenge players in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Particularly curious about the Hoppycats and the Maw-Maws. The Hoppycats could make for some tricky platforming sections, while the Maw-Maws could be a real threat if they’re not dealt with quickly.
Excited to see how the new enemies interact with the game’s environment. For example, the Melon Piranha Plants could be used to create traps for Mario, while the Konks could be used to break through walls.