The Blackwell Epiphany is a 2014 graphic adventure game developed and published by Wadjet Eye Games. It is the fifth and final game in the Blackwell series.
The game follows Rosa Blackwell, a spirit medium who is trying to solve the mystery of a series of murders in which the victims’ souls are being ripped apart. Rosa is joined by her partner, Joey Mallone, a ghost who can help her communicate with the dead.
The game is set in the fictional city of New York and features a cast of memorable characters, including Rosa’s aunt, Lethe Blackwell, and her mentor, Rupert Blackwell. The game also features a number of puzzles that must be solved in order to progress.
The Blackwell Epiphany was critically acclaimed, with reviewers praising the game’s story, characters, and puzzles. The game won numerous awards, including the Adventure Game of the Year award from Adventure Gamers.
Here is a brief summary of the plot of The Blackwell Epiphany:
- Rosa Blackwell is investigating a condemned building when she witnesses a man named George Ostin being shot dead. George’s ghost pleads for Rosa’s help, but before she can do anything, his ghost is ripped apart by an unknown force.
- Rosa and Joey Mallone investigate George’s death and soon discover that he is not the only victim. A series of murders have been committed, and the victims’ souls are being torn apart in the same way that George’s was.
- Rosa and Joey must race against time to stop the killer and learn the truth about what is happening. Along the way, they will uncover a dark secret that threatens not only Rosa’s life, but the entire world.
The Blackwell Epiphany is a long game, taking about 6-7 hours to complete. It is a challenging game, with the puzzles requiring some thought to solve. However, the game is also very rewarding, with a satisfying story and memorable characters. If you are a fan of graphic adventure games, then The Blackwell Epiphany is definitely worth playing.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game is played from a third-person perspective.
- The game features a point-and-click interface.
- The game has a variety of puzzles to solve.
- The game has a branching storyline.
- The game features a cast of memorable characters.
- The game has a great story and atmosphere.
- The game is challenging, but rewarding.
If you are looking for a great graphic adventure game with a good story, then The Blackwell Epiphany is definitely worth checking out.