The First Descendant reveal trailer that was shown at gamescom 2023 was a dark and atmospheric trailer that showed off the game’s cel-shaded visuals, melee combat, and stealth gameplay.
The trailer begins with a voiceover from a mysterious figure who tells us that we are the First Descendant, a warrior chosen to save the world from the Vulgus, a race of bloodthirsty creatures. We then see the protagonist fighting off the Vulgus in a series of brutal melee encounters. We also see the protagonist using stealth to sneak past the Vulgus and reach their stronghold.
The trailer ends with a shot of the protagonist standing atop a cliff, overlooking the Vulgus stronghold. The voiceover then tells us that the fate of the world rests in our hands.
It looks like a unique and exciting game that combines elements of action, adventure, and stealth.
Here are some of the key features of The First Descendant that were revealed in the trailer:
- Cel-shaded visuals: The game features a unique cel-shaded art style that gives it a comic book feel.
- Melee combat: Players will engage in brutal melee combat against the Vulgus.
- Stealth gameplay: Players will also be able to use stealth to sneak past the Vulgus and reach their stronghold.
- Open world: The game will feature an open world that players can explore freely.
The First Descendant is scheduled to be released in 2024 for PC. It will be available on Steam and the Epic Games Store.
Here are some additional details about the game that have been revealed since the trailer:
- The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world where humanity has been driven to the brink of extinction by the Vulgus.
- The protagonist is a descendant of the ancient heroes who fought against the Vulgus.
- The game will feature a variety of weapons and abilities that players can use to fight the Vulgus.
- The game will also feature a crafting system that players can use to create new weapons and items.