It was released on August 24, 2023, at the Future Games Show at Gamescom 2023. The trailer showcases the brutal world of The Last Faith, a Metroidvania and Soulslike game set in a dark, gothic world. The player controls Eryk, a young swordsman who must explore the ruins of Mythringal in order to piece together the fractured history of the land and stop an ancient evil from rising.
The trailer shows Eryk fighting a variety of enemies, including giant beasts, undead soldiers, and demonic creatures. It also reveals some of the game’s environments, such as a ruined castle, a dark forest, and a subterranean labyrinth. The trailer ends with a tease of the game’s final boss.
The Last Faith is scheduled to be released in November 2023 for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One. The beta is currently available on Steam.
Here are some of the features of The Last Faith:
- Metroidvania-style exploration: Explore a vast and interconnected world, filled with secrets to discover.
- Soulslike combat: Face challenging enemies and bosses, and use your skills and reflexes to survive.
- Rich lore: Unravel the fractured history of Mythringal and learn about the ancient evil that threatens the land.
- Extensive arsenal of weapons: Choose from a variety of weapons and abilities to suit your playstyle.
- Mysterious power of the Nycrux: Invoke the power of the Nycrux to level up your attributes and stay one step ahead.
If you’re a fan of Metroidvanias and Soulslike games, then The Last Faith is definitely worth checking out. The beta is a great way to get a taste of the game and see if it’s something you’d enjoy.