The Thaumaturge is an upcoming story-driven RPG set in the culturally diverse world of early 20th-century Warsaw. In this world, Salutors exist: esoteric beings that only Thaumaturges can truly perceive and use for their needs.
The story trailer for The Thaumaturge, released at gamescom 2023, gives us a glimpse into the game’s dark and atmospheric setting. We see the protagonist, a young Thaumaturge named Victor, struggling to come to terms with his powers. He is haunted by visions of the Salutors, and he is unsure whether he can use his powers for good or for evil.
The trailer also introduces us to some of the game’s other characters, including Victor’s mentor, a mysterious woman named The Seer, and a group of revolutionaries who are fighting against the oppression of the ruling class.
The Thaumaturge is scheduled to be released on PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG) in 2023. The game is being developed by Polish studio Fool’s Theory, and it is being published by HypeTrain Digital.
Here are some of the key features of The Thaumaturge:
- A dark and atmospheric story set in early 20th-century Warsaw
- A unique magic system that allows players to use Salutors to their advantage
- A variety of characters to meet and interact with
- Morally ambiguous choices that will affect the outcome of the story
- A challenging combat system that will test players’ skills
If you are a fan of story-driven RPGs with a dark and atmospheric setting, then The Thaumaturge is definitely worth keeping an eye on.