Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a 2014 action-adventure video game developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix. It is the 2013 reboot of the Tomb Raider series and was released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in January 2014. A Microsoft Windows version was released in February 2014. The game is a re-release of Tomb Raider with improved graphics, performance, and additional content.
The game follows Lara Croft, a young woman who is shipwrecked on an island in the South Pacific. She must use her skills to survive the island’s harsh environment and uncover its secrets. Along the way, she must face a group of mercenaries who are also searching for the island’s treasures.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition received positive reviews, with critics praising the game’s graphics, gameplay, and story. The game was a commercial success, selling over 14 million copies worldwide.
Here are some of the key features of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition:
- Improved graphics and performance: The game features improved graphics and performance over the original release. The textures have been upscaled, the lighting has been improved, and the framerate has been increased.
- Additional content: The game includes all of the downloadable content that was released for the original game, including the Lara’s Nightmare and Endurance modes.
- Trophies and achievements: The game includes a trophy/achievement system for players to complete.
If you are a fan of action-adventure games, then Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a great game to play. It has exciting gameplay, a compelling story, and stunning visuals. I highly recommend it.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- It takes about 15½ hours to complete the main story of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.
- The game is set on Yamatai, a fictional island in the South Pacific.
- Lara Croft is voiced by Camilla Luddington.
- The game’s soundtrack was composed by Lorne Balfe.