The trailer gives us a glimpse of the game’s fast-paced action, its gory violence, and its synthwave soundtrack. We see the player, Johnny Turbo, fighting through hordes of enemies using a variety of weapons, including chainsaws, shotguns, and rocket launchers. We also see Johnny Turbo using his cybernetic augmentations to perform incredible feats of agility and violence.
Turbo Overkill is a fast-paced, gory, and stylish FPS set in a neon-lit cyberpunk city. It is inspired by classic FPS games like Doom and Duke Nukem, as well as the cyberpunk aesthetic of movies like Blade Runner and Akira.
Turbo Overkill was developed by Trigger Happy Interactive and published by Devolver Digital. It was released on August 10, 2023 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Here are some additional details about Turbo Overkill that were not mentioned in the trailer:
- The game features a variety of weapons, including chainsaws, shotguns, rocket launchers, and more.
- The game features a variety of enemies, including cyborgs, mutants, and demons.
- The game features a branching level design, allowing players to explore the city in different ways.
- The game features a synthwave soundtrack by Carpenter Brut.
- The game features a local co-op mode, allowing two players to team up and kill the bad guys together.