There are two ways to use Facebook on mobile devices: through the Facebook app or through the Facebook mobile website.
The Facebook app is available for free download on the App Store (for iOS devices) and the Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- Download and install the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Open the app and sign in with your Facebook account email address and password.
- Once you are signed in, you will be taken to your Facebook News Feed, where you can see posts from your friends and family, as well as from Pages that you follow.
- To navigate the app, tap on the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open a menu with links to all of the different features of the app, such as your Friends list, Groups, and Notifications.
Facebook mobile website
If you don’t want to download the Facebook app, you can still use Facebook on your mobile device by visiting the Facebook mobile website in your web browser.
- Open your web browser and go to m.facebook.com.
- Sign in with your Facebook account email address and password.
- Once you are signed in, you will be taken to your Facebook News Feed.
- To navigate the mobile website, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen. This will open a menu with links to all of the different features of the mobile website.
Using Facebook on mobile devices
Once you are logged into Facebook on your mobile device, you can use it to do all of the same things that you can do on a computer, such as:
- See posts from your friends and family
- Share your own posts
- Comment on other people’s posts
- Like other people’s posts
- Send and receive messages
- Join and participate in Groups
- Follow Pages
- Play games
- Watch videos
You can also use the Facebook app to access other Facebook-owned apps, such as Messenger and Instagram.
Tips for using Facebook on mobile devices
- To save data, use the Facebook app instead of the mobile website. The app is designed to be more efficient with data usage.
- To conserve battery life, turn off location services for Facebook. Facebook doesn’t need to know your location all the time in order for you to use the app.
- To reduce the number of notifications you receive from Facebook, you can adjust your notification settings in the app.
- To take a break from Facebook, you can log out of the app or deactivate your account.
Privacy and security
When using Facebook on mobile devices, it is important to be aware of the privacy and security risks. Facebook collects a lot of data about its users, and this data can be used for targeted advertising or even sold to third-party companies.
To protect your privacy, you should carefully review your Facebook privacy settings and only share information that you are comfortable with others seeing. You should also be careful about clicking on links in Facebook posts or messages, as these links could lead to malicious websites.
Overall, using Facebook on mobile devices can be a great way to stay connected with friends and family and to learn about what is happening in the world. However, it is important to be aware of the privacy and security risks and to take steps to protect yourself.