Windforge is a side-scrolling block-building game developed by Snowed In Studios and released on March 11, 2014 for Microsoft Windows. The game is set in a steampunk world where players explore hostile skies in fully customizable airships. Players can build and destroy anything they see, creating an RPG without barriers that rewards creative problem solving and improvisation.
Here are some of the features of Windforge:
- Side-scrolling block-building game
- Fully customizable airships
- Explore hostile skies in a steampunk world
- Build and destroy anything you see
- Creative problem solving and improvisation
- Action-packed combat
- Explore a vast and ever-changing world
- Discover hidden treasures and secrets
- Battle fearsome enemies
- Upgrade your airship and weapons
- Customize your character
- Play with friends in co-op mode
Windforge was met with mixed reviews upon release. Critics praised the game’s creativity and freedom of expression, but criticized its lack of polish and technical issues. However, the game has since developed a cult following of players who appreciate its unique gameplay and world-building.
If you’re looking for a creative and challenging side-scrolling block-building game, then Windforge is worth checking out. Just be prepared for some technical issues and a steep learning curve.
Here are some additional details about Windforge:
- The game was created by a small team of developers in Canada.
- It took the developers about 5 years to make the game.
- The game is inspired by games like Minecraft, Terraria, and Scribblenauts.
- The game has a procedurally generated world, so each playthrough is different.
- The game has a multiplayer mode, so you can play with friends.
- The game is still being updated with new content, such as new blocks, weapons, and enemies.