On August 24, 2023, Blizzard Entertainment launched the official Hardcore realms for Classic World of Warcraft. These servers are a new challenge for players, as any character that dies is permanently deleted. In the first 24 hours, over 90,000 characters died on the Hardcore realms.
The most common causes of death were:
- Falling damage
- Mobs in starting zones
- PvP (player-versus-player) combat
- Questing accidents
The most deadly mobs in Hardcore Classic are:
- Kobold Miners
- Murloc Streamrunners
Despite the high death toll, the Hardcore community is still going strong. Many players are determined to reach the level cap of 60 without dying, and some have already made significant progress.
Here are some tips for surviving on the Hardcore realms:
- Be careful not to fall. Falling damage is a major cause of death in Hardcore Classic.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Mobs in starting zones can be deadly, even to high-level players.
- Avoid PvP combat. If you’re not careful, you could be killed by a player from the opposing faction.
- Be careful when questing. Questing accidents are another common cause of death in Hardcore Classic.
If you’re looking for a challenge, the Hardcore realms are definitely worth checking out. Just be prepared to die… a lot.