XCOM: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion pack for the 2012 strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It was developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 in November 2013.
Enemy Within adds a variety of new features to the base game, including:
- New soldier abilities: Players can now genetically modify their soldiers to give them new abilities, such as increased health, armor, or mobility. They can also build MEC troopers, which are heavily armored soldiers with powerful weapons.
- New enemies: The aliens have also been upgraded, with new units that are more powerful and dangerous.
- New missions: There are a variety of new missions to play, including covert ops missions where players must infiltrate enemy bases.
- New multiplayer mode: Enemy Within features a new multiplayer mode where players can compete against each other in head-to-head battles.
The game was praised for its challenging gameplay, strategic depth, and replayability. It was also a commercial success, selling over 2 million copies worldwide.
Overall, XCOM: Enemy Within is a great expansion to the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It adds a lot of new content and features that make the game even more challenging and rewarding. If you enjoyed the base game, then you will definitely love Enemy Within.
Here are some reviews of XCOM: Enemy Within:
- IGN: 9.5/10 “Enemy Within is an amazing expansion to a brilliant tactical game. It’s front-loaded with enticing new options that dramatically increase the replay value of the first half of the campaign, though the latter half is a bit neglected.”
- PC Gamer: 90/100 “Enemy Within is a must-have for fans of the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It’s a great expansion that adds a ton of new content and features, making the game even more challenging and rewarding.”
- GameSpot: 8.5/10 “Enemy Within is a solid expansion that adds a lot of new content and features to the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It’s not a perfect game, but it’s still a lot of fun.”